Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blog Post #4 "Green Week"

Smart Grid  from ConEdison

A smart grid puts information and communication technology into electricity generation, delivery, and consumption, making systems cleaner, safer, and more reliable and efficient.
According to the explanation of the instructor from ConEdison, all of customers will benefit from increased reliability, added capacity through increased system efficiency, reduced outage response time, and reduced operating and maintenance costs. ConEdison still put efforts to be improved monitoring, architectual change(3G), better algorithms and distribution generation.Also they are studying about the future smart grid like Energy Storage Integration, Road Management & control  and Electric Vehicles.

At the first part of lecture about the Smart Grid, I felt a lot difficult. Of course I could see the pictures, graphs and photoes but I was still hardly confused. I have never concerned about the electric system before. Furthermore I couldn't understand what the instructor's pronunciation so I just looked up the projection screen. While I was watching the screen, I was understanding unconsciously what the instructor said. Even the lecture finisfed up, I didn't have a full understanding about the smart grid but I could have a general knowledge of the smart grid. The effects of the smart grid are reduction energy, improvement of energy's quality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment